The health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families remains our highest priority.
This page has been created to display information and documents for the Iona community regarding the COVID-19 virus.
Prayer in this time of Crisis – Archbishop Mark Coleridge
Almighty and all-merciful God,
lover of the human race, healer of all our wounds,
in whom there is no shadow of death,
save us in this time of crisis;
grant wisdom and courage to our leaders;
watch over all medical people
as they tend the sick and work for a cure;
stir in us a sense of solidarity beyond all isolation;
if our doors are closed, let our hearts be open.
By the power of your love destroy the virus of fear,
that hope may never die
and the light of Easter, the triumph of life,
may shine upon us and the whole world.
Through Jesus Christ, the Lord risen from the dead,
who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Holy Mary, health of the sick, pray for us.
St Joseph, guardian of us all, pray for us.
Communications to Students and Families
- AIC Statement regarding AIC Cancellation of Sport Finals and Fixtures – 10 September 2020
- College Exit Procedures – 3 September 2020
- Evacuation Protocols and Procedures (COVID19) Communications – 25 August 2020
- AIC Statement regarding spectators – 10 August 2020
- Welcome to Term 3 and COVID-19 Implications – 15 July 2020
- AIC Statement regarding spectators and the re-introduction of AIC Sport – 2 July 2020
- AIC Statement regarding Structure of Competition Term 3, 2020 – 27 May 2020
- AIC statement regarding school sport – 19 May 2020
- Term 2 Fees Communication – 7 May 2020
- Return of Year 11 and 12 Students – 5 May 2020
- Message to Families – 29 April 2020
- At Home Learning Wellbeing Support Years 7-12
- At Home Learning Wellbeing Support Primary
- Message from the Principal regarding Term 2 Arrangements – 14 April 2020
- Students – At Home Learning Trial Feedback – 1 April 2020
- Parents – At Home Learning Trial Feedback – 1 April 2020
- Financial iCARE @ Iona – 30 March 2020
- Expression of Financial Support
- Family Communication from the Principal and Rector – 25 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 23 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) to Students regarding AIC Sport – 20 March 2020
- AIC Statement (COVID-19) – 20 March 2020
- Student message from Mr Goodwin and Fr Michael – 19 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 17 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 16 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 11 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 10 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 4 March 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 3 February 2020
- Message from the Principal (COVID-19) – 27 January 2020
Key personnel and contact details for your reference Iona Contact Information
We will continue to keep the Iona Community informed of changes and outcomes to the current situation. Our communications will continue through email, Compass Newsfeed and College newsletters. For this reason, we stress the importance of keeping your contact information up to date.
We also encourage you to download the Iona College Compass App: Iona College App Procedure to Download
Follow Iona Sport on Twitter @SportIona
We urge you to follow Queensland Health recommendations and be vigilant about monitoring your family’s health, wellness and hygiene. If your son or any family member are displaying symptoms of this virus, please contact your medical professional.
Resources that may be of assistance:
To Bring Comfort
When this is over may we never again take for granted:
A handshake with a stranger
Good hygiene and care for others
Full shelves at the supermarket
Conversations with neighbours
A crowded theatre
Friday night out
The taste of communion
A routine check-up
Playing sport in a team
Playing music in a group
Coffee with a friend
The stadium roaring
Each deep breath
A boring Thursday
When this ends:
May we find we have become the people we wanted to be,
we were called to be,
we hoped to be,
and may we stay that way – better for each other because of the worst.
Adapted from a poem by Laura Kelly Fanucci