What's on Offer?
The Oblates of Mary Immaculate deeply treasure the ministry and care of the Iona community and have been inspired by the many people they have worked alongside in building the culture and strengths of our community.
Our Catholic identity and the person of Jesus remain central to every aspect of College life. The College continues to focus on the whole person and the positive development of the young men in our care as well as the significant number of people who call Iona home.
How does it feel to be an Ionian?
- Higher superannuation contribution at 10% (above the statutory 9.5%)
- Access to enhanced superannuation contributions when voluntary contributions are made
- Salary sacrifice options for lease vehicles, voluntary super contributions (as above), Iona College School fees and much more
- Transparent Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) provisions, complete with outlined remuneration bandings per role from page 100. A new EBA is presently being negotiated.
- Rector’s holiday (an additional paid day of leave to be taken on a day each year per the College Annual Calendar)
- Long Service Leave enhanced above statutory provisions (8.6667 weeks after 10 years’ service) within our EBA (1.3 weeks accrued per year, which can be taken after 7 years’ service)
– Eligibility to request to cash out long service leave pro-rata after seven years
- Fourteen weeks of paid parental leave, with access to 10 paid Keeping in Touch Days as directed by the College, per the EBA
- Robust induction and training program for new staff conducted at the start of each semester
- Access to the latest technology (including College provided laptops*) as supported by our Information Communications Technology team
- Access to relevant professional development and study opportunities which support staff career pathways across multi-disciplines.
– One full week dedicated to professional development at the commencement of Semester 2
– Three full days dedicated to professional development (and reporting for teachers) at the end of Term 4
– Annual First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training fully paid by the College
– Avenues to have excellence in teaching recognised with highly accomplished and lead teacher structure
- Dedicated staff reflective areas including Chapel, Staff Lunch Room, Quiet Room, Reflect Engage Collaborate (REC) Room
– Breastfeeding and pumping facilities for returning mothers
- Staff access to facilities such as:
– Sporting: Iona College gym, swimming pool, cricket practice areas, basketball and tennis courts
– Health and Wellness Centre (Registered Nurses triage support offered for students and staff from Monday to Friday)
- Access to confidential counselling services via Access Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- College wide Mass and Assemblies enabling staff to connect with their spirituality and faith journey
- Regular staff morning teas and social opportunities such as World Staff Day
- Social Club made accessible via salary sacrifice
- Teacher specific – Professional Growth Teams (one period per fortnightly cycle) dedicated to teacher growth and development
- Discounts with Private Medical Insurance such as Medibank Private and Bupa
- Capped, free servicing with Oldmac Mazda with any new car purchase
*laptops are provided for an approved list of roles within Iona College