From 1957 to 2017

From 1957 to 2017

Iona began with a farmhouse on a large parcel of land in Lindum on 1 October 1957. The original farmhouse was situated on top of Iona hill, in a poor state of repair and more than a little shaky but basically sound. This was proved by the service it rendered both as a residence for the priests for years and later, a staffroom. The farmhouse was lifted from its decaying supports and relocated on concrete pillars twelve feet above the ground. The raised building provided an area underneath which became two classrooms and an office for the start of the 1958 school year.

As we begin our anniversary celebrations, take a look at the changes during the past 60 years.