ANZAC Day Upload
ANZAC Day Upload
As part of Iona’s ANZAC Day commemoration, families are invited to provide a photograph of their child with a relative or relatives who represented their country in armed conflict. This includes operations such as World War I, World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam War and modern war and peacekeeping operations. This extends to those who have served in any role, such as soldiers, nurses, pilots and medics.
Please note that images may be displayed as part of Iona’s ANZAC Day commemoration resources, newsletter, website and social media.
Please ensure your submission to this special presentation is uploaded by Tuesday evening, 18 April, 2023.
Depending on time constraints and the level of interest, not all images may be used. Please try to ensure that you upload images as early as possible. If you submitted a photo for previous Anzac Presentations and wish it to be included in the 2023 Anzac Presentation, please upload the image again.
Staff are also encouraged to contribute.
Guidelines for images:
- Having the student in Iona uniform is preferred;
- If your child has a relative who served in a foreign armed services, you are still welcome and encouraged to upload a relevant image;
- .jpg images are preferred;
- Where possible, please check the quality of the image by viewing it on a computer prior to your upload.
If the relative is deceased but you would like your son to participate, you might consider:
- Photographing your child in Iona uniform holding an image of their relative;
- Photographing your child in Iona uniform wearing their relative’s medals*;
- Photographing your child in Iona uniform with the spouse of a relative who served.
The Australian War Memorial website asks that, “If wearing someone else’s medals they should be positioned on the right-hand side [of the chest].” For more information.
Please submit your photograph/s with the following form:
ANZAC Day Photographs