At Iona College, we respect hard work, dedication and commitment. Students are eligible for the program based on the level of representation achieved. The sport where elite representation is achieved should be (foremost):
- AIC sport
- School based sport (Queensland Secondary Schools Team or Australian All Schools Team)
- Olympic sport
- Discretionary selection – Director of Sport and Head of High Performance Sport.
On selection into the High Performance Sport Programme, the athlete will be placed in one of three tiers for that school year:
- Tier One: Metropolitan East representation and at ‘A’ level in two x AIC sports
- Tier Two: Won a medal in Queensland State Championships (individual sports) or selection into an official Queensland Team
- Tier Three: Won a medal in Australian National Championships (individual sports) or selection in a national team and/or an Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) squad.
Underpinning these achievements, the student needs to be an active member of the Iona Community. This can be identified as:
- A participant in other AIC sports
- Member of the College music programme
- Involved in other co-curricular and/or extra-curricular activities.
THE STUDENT ALSO NEEDS TO DEMONSTRATE:
- An understanding of the ethos of Iona College and display the charisma of the Oblates
- A higher standard of behaviour
- Be diligent in his work ethic towards academic studies
- Understand that sacrifices need to be made in pursuit of his academic and athletic potential
- Be a well-rounded, balanced and respectful member of Iona College and the wider community.